Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Book Review ~ "Steadfast Heart" by Tracie Peterson

Steadfast Heart (Brides of Seattle, #1)Steadfast Heart by Tracie Peterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Source: Netgalley (received to review)
Genre: Christian Historical Romance.

Book Description:  Lenore Fulcher isn't pretentious despite her spoiled upbringing. Her deepest desire at the age of twenty is to find true love. However, her father believes she's wasted enough time searching for a suitable husband, and he wants to marry her off to one of his business partners--thirty-seven-year-old James Rybus. But the idea of marriage to a man so much older is out of the question for Lenore.

Kolbein Booth, a lawyer from Chicago, arrives in Seattle looking for his headstrong sister who he believes may have answered an advertisement for mail-order brides. Sick with worry, he storms the Madison Bridal School, demanding to see his sister, only to learn she isn't there. But Lenore Fulcher is, and something about her captures his attention.

Is this the man Lenore has been searching for? She may not have long to find out..



My thoughts: There are some fun things that I liked about this book. My favorite character, Abrianna, with her sweet sincerity and love of people carried the book for me. She was a ray of sunshine in rainy Seattle. She tried to fill her days by going about and helping the poor and downtrodden. She lived her faith by her actions and encouraged her friends to be better people.

The rest of the story fell a little flat for me. I struggled to get into the story and the characters. The books romance centered around Lenore and Kolbein. They had a quick courtship and fell in love almost immediately. Once they met, they were each others focus. There seemed to be many back stories that cluttered their romance for me.

I think I would have been happier if this had been a romance story between Abrianna and Wade. They have know each other as friends for a long time and it seemed like a story that I would have liked a little better. Maybe sometime in the future?

There were unresolved issues that I hope will come together in future books.  This is a Christian themed romance book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.